With dropping temperatures, new COVID-19 variants popping up and cold + flu season on the rise, self-care is more important than ever to boost the immune system and of course, clear your head from time to time. Plus, it’s a New Year, and who doesn’t want to start 2022 off on the right note? Here are our top self-care tips + picks!
- Alone time is vital – From meditating (we like using mobile apps like Headspace!) and prayer to spending time in nature or your safe space, time alone is important in order to reconnect with yourself.
- Put yourself first – Whether that’s by getting a fresh coat of paint on your nails at Larkin on Memorial’s Lush Nail Bar a new do at Vinings Jubilee’s Boardroom Salon for Men, a little sprucing up always makes us feel refreshed.
- Take care of your physical health – Fresh air always does us good. Head over to Piedmont Park for a stroll or walk the BeltLine. Need more structure? Try a class at Vinings Jubilee’s Pure Bare or Orangetheory Fitness.
- Set boundaries – Boundaries are important, whether they are work-related or personal-related. Set the ones that are right for you and stick to them.
- Take up a new hobby that brings joy – Haven’t become a plant person yet? Now’s the time and Atlanta Dairies’ Paradiso Plant Shop is the perfect spot to get started….or indulge in your addiction.
- Treat yourself! – Try to do at least one thing a day that brings you happiness. Some of our go-tos are cannoli from Varuni Napoli and binge-watching our new favorite shows like Emily in Paris.
- Share on