The days are longer, the temperatures higher + students can feel summer just around the corner. If you’re lucky enough to be looking for the perfect PR internship to fill your days, you’ve come to the right place. Below are five simple steps to help you choose (+ obtain) an internship that’s right for you.
- Decide if you want a local or out of state internship – this can help you narrow down the search.
- Realize that a lot of great internships are unpaid – if that’s not a problem, perfect! If it is, focusing on a part-time internship might be better for you.
- Choose which PR path you want to take. Crisis management, food, and beverage, entertainment, corporate, etc. If you’re undecided, that’s ok too – internships can help you realize what areas you thrive in.
- Reach out to people who work at the places you’re interested in interning. Network, network, network!
- Once you’ve narrowed it down to a few choices, ask if you can come to the office to get a taste of the company culture. This may help you make your final decision
Remember, these don’t have to be in any certain order. Choosing an internship is important + what works for some may not work for others. Happy interning!
- Share on