Spring internships are in full swing and summer is just around the corner so the search is already on! While the job market can be competitive, there are several things you can do to help score an internship of your own and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Network, whether it is with peers or with professionals in the field.
- Know what interests you, and research companies around you in that field.
- Use campus resources, many schools offer career sites that house information on many opportunities.
- Have a standout resume.
- Ask questions, be sure to show interest in where you are applying.
- Make your initial contact stands out. Include important materials and information, proofread everything, and don’t hesitate to follow up if you don’t hear back.
- Be proactive, apply regardless of if the company is hiring.
- Clean up social media.
- Apply early.
Sound like something you might be interested in? Check out more details on how to apply to an internship with #team360 here.
- Share on