In the PR world, we know first-hand how challenging it can be to get press for clients, let alone yourself. If you’re wanting to pitch a creative aspect of yourself + are wondering where to start, then keep reading. We’ve made a list of some of the most important steps to take that will get you to that final goal.
- Figure out who you want to receive your message + what you want them to do with the information. It could be as simple as following you on social media or coming to an event.
- Research the best publications to pitch. Googling relevant topics is a good place to start to see who has covered your area of interest in the past.
- Write your pitch. Keep it simple, clear + tailored to the journalist.
- Follow up after about a week + remember that most journalists won’t answer right away.
- Keep trying! Just because this pitch didn’t get immediate media interest doesn’t mean it’s a failure.
For more advice on pitching + securing press, check out this article by Kate Bernyk, a Communications Strategist.
- Share on